How to optimize Heading tags for Better SEO
SEO rules for html h1 to h6 optimize heading tags :
- For a better SEO, a HTML heading tag should contain strategic keywords that you want to position yourself by in the Search result pages (SERP).
- But do not favor the optimization to the loss of the users. What is the value of a good SEO optimized page if users do not understand it and leave it as soon as they arrive on it?
- You need to find the best compromise between a heading tag intended for users and a heading tag for the search engines. The exercise is difficult. It takes a fine editor to place the right keywords in the heading tags.
- For example, the title, « Discover the rules of optimization for the HTML heading elements h1 to h6 » may be suitable both for users and search engines. Whereas if we want a heading tag suitable for the search engines, the following title would be better : « How to optimize Heading tags for Better SEO »
- Tip: When using H3, H4, H5, & H6 tags, make sure each tag supports its preceding sequential number. For example:
Here’s how to best optimize your H1 tags for search engines and users alike:
- Make sure you have a H1 on each and every page. If you go right into the body copy without an introduction, visitors might get confused or unsure about whether or not they’re on the right page. It’s kind of like reading a newspaper article without a headline.
- Try to make all of your tags unique. Duplicate content, no matter how small, is never a good practice.
- Use accurate, descriptive keywords. “About” or “About Us” isn’t very engaging – why not something like “About Our Bicycle Repair Shop”?
- Don’t keyword-stuff—that is, cram keywords into your H1 tag in such a way that keeps it from making sense. “Bicycle Repair Parts Supplies Shop Bikes” might help you rank a little better, but visitors will probably get confused or frustrated and leave the page right away. If your bounce rate goes up from this, your rankings will eventually go down.
- If your H1 tags are too big (and taking up too much of the page), look for a style.css file on your server. You can edit this file just like a HTML file. Search for h1 and try reducing the font-size value until you’re happy with it.
- Get creative! Your H1 tags don’t have to be statements or short fragments. You can phrase them in the form of a question, or write them out in full sentences.
These tips should help you not only find SEO success with your H1 tags, but also delight users who are reading them on your website.
How to Write HTML Heading Tag
HTML heading tags are very simple to write. Below is an instance.
<h1>this is your heading</h1>
For other tags just replace 1 with 2, 3 up to 6 to write remaining tags.