Block Websites on Windows /Android
Hello Guyz , Want to get rid of or block websites on your computer, then you just need to follow the simple steps which is shown below.
- There are several reasons why you might want to block certain websites on your computer.
- Some websites could be spreading viruses, contain explicit content or even be trying to steal your personal data.
- While you may well be more than capable of avoiding these websites, but that doesn’t stand true for every one who uses your device.
- In such cases, it might be best to block certain websites.
There are different ways to go about blocking websites.You can choose to block websites only on specific browsers, the entire operating system, or indeed your network router.
Here’s how to block websites->
- One of the backbones of the Internet is the DNS system that translates easy to remember (and type) names such as www.codezclub.com into equivalent IP addresses (18.104.22.168).
- While you use DNS servers to get to websites, your computer also has something called a HOSTS file which can have this information stored locally. This can be used to disable access to unwanted websites.
- We checked this method with both Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- In this article you will learn how to block any website without any external application or software.
Follow the steps:
- > At first Open “Run” from the start menu or press WinKey + R.
- > Just copy the following path and paste it to Run dialog box and then press ENTER.
- notepad %windir%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
- Go to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\Etc and find the file “hosts”.
Then open with notepad file.
When this hosts file is opened in Notepad, scroll down to the end of the file and you will see something like “127.0.0.1 localhost”.
- Under “127.0.0.1 localhost” just add another website URL that you want to block.
- 127.0.0.1 localhost
- 127.0.0.2 www.facebook.com
- 127.0.0.3 www.torrentz.in
- Please make sure every time you add another website, the last digit of the address 127.0.0.x should not be the same.
- Save the file and then exit.
- So, here you go, changes will take place immediately.
- If not, Just Restart your browser if it is opened.
Best Thing :
- The good thing is that no message, no pop-ups nothing will be displayed when someone tries to open a blocked website.
- Your browser will just fail to open those websites without any error messages.
On Android, you’ll need to edit the host’s file on your device to redirect sites you want to block. You’ll need a file manager, and a text editor – the easiest option is to use our favorite app ES File Explorer, which lets you do both things. Here’s how it works.
- > Install ES File Explorer.
- > Open ES File Explorer and tap the “/” button at the top.
- > Tap on system > etc.
- > In this folder, you’ll see the hosts file – tap it and in the pop-up menu, tap text.
- > In the next pop up, tap ES Note Editor.
- > Tap the three dots button in the top right and tap edit.
- > Now, you’re editing the file, and to block sites, you want to redirect their DNS.
- > To do this, just start a new line, and type “127.0.0.1 www.website.com” (without the quotes, where ‘website’ is the name of the site you’re blocking) for each website you want to block.
- > For example, you’ll have to type 127.0.0.1 www.google.com to block Google.
- > Reboot your Android device.
If that method is too complex for you, you can install an anti-virus app such as Trend Micro that lets you block websites.
- > Install the app and run it.
- > Go to Options > Safe surfing.
- > Now swipe to Parental Controls and click set up account.
- > Create an account and you’ll see an option called Blocked List in the app. Tap it, and tap Add.
- > Now add the websites you want to block one at a time.
- > Once that is done, you won’t be able to access these websites on your Android smartphone.
Any recommended software for windows?
Here r few softwares for windows ….