Tips for choosing Right Keywords for SEO
In order to know which Right keywords to target, it’s essential to not only understand the demand for a given term or phrase, but also the work required to achieve high rankings.
If big brands take the top 10 results and you’re just starting out on the web, the uphill battle for rankings can take years of effort. This is why it’s essential to understand keyword difficulty.
Keywords you should choose should be:
1. Relevant to your business
- Relevance is the most important factor to consider when choosing the right keywords for SEO. Why? Because the more specific you are, the better.
- You don’t want to be everywhere, especially the search engine results page which is irrelevant to your niche, so bear in mind to be consistent with your topic.
2. Contain more than one word
- Focus mostly on 2-3 word phrases, they combine even metrics in every aspect.
3. Provide traffic volume
- These should be keywords that provide you with enough traffic to scale your business and increase your number of sales. The long-tail keywords shouldn’t be underestimated though, because they provide lower traffic, but it’s more targeted to your users.
4. Be targeted
- The advantage that 2-3 phrases give, is they are oriented towards the topic, is that they are more specific, than very broad 1-word keywords and bring you the traffic that is targeted and in acceptable amount of volume.
5. Have low competition
- These keywords, as any business should have a niche. Trying to get traffic from very competitive keywords could be costly and doesn’t translate into conversions. Try to find a niche which won’t strain your budget.
6. Provide good conversion rates
- Keywords should deliver as large of a number of users as possible, that will convert to use your product.
7. Provide good engagement
- Conversions don’t always mean sales, especially when the users just started to do research and are in the top of the buying funnel. Creating engagement with your website is important too. Low bounce rates, time spent on pige and the number of pages visited could be an indicator of your traffic’s quality.
8. Be popular
- Stick with the terms that are mostly used as search queries by users and be with your offer, where they are looking for.
9. Location-Based Keywords
- Another major factor to consider when choosing right keywords is location-based searches. When looking for contractors and services in their specific area, search engine users will usually include their location in the search.
- If you operate in one geo-location, you may want to consider adding location-based keywords to all of your pages, since traffic from other locations isn’t going to be very much help to you.
- If your business operates in several geo-locations, it is also a wise choice to create a separate web page dedicated to each location so you can make sure your brand is present when people are searching for individual locations.
Here, Above are some of the factors or Tips for choosing right keywords for optimizing your website through SEO. Also always try to find the Keyword Difficulty across different keywords. These above may surely help you in increasing your rank in SERP’s and provide better and organic traffic through Search Engines.