What is On-Page and Off-page SEO?
What is SEO?
SEO – It is a technique or method that is utilized to enhance ranking of website in SERP on various search engine such as Google, Yahoo, Ask, Bing, etc and improve number of visitors.
List of different types of SEO
There are two types of SEO that are On-page optimization and Off-page optimization. Both types of SEO are different and each one has equal significance on Search Engine. It is suggested to use both types since, even ignoring any one of the type of SEO, will lead to get less result in SERP.
–> On-page Optimization
- On Page SEO is nothing but working in website. It refers how well content in websites are present to Search Engine.
- On page optimization refers to all measures taken by SEOs within the website to improve the ranking of a site in search engine result pages.
- These measures are related to content and HTML source code of a page, e.g. meta tags, keyword placement and keyword density, etc.
- This type of SEO gets your site on the list of search results for a given keyword search and can usually be improved quickly.
- Even though it accounts for only about 25% of how search engines score and rank your website, it is worth making it the first step of your SEO strategy since it is easy enough to do and provides almost immediate improvement
- On page optimization involves ensuring whether a particular webpage is structured in a manner so that it gets found by the search engines for given keywords and key phrases.
- It not only helps in getting good search engine ranking but also increases overall readability of the site.
- The best part is that not much has changed about the on-page optimization approach. It can still be improved immediately by tweaking incorrect elements on a webpage
- It includes providing good content, good keywords selection, putting keywords on correct places, giving appropriate title to every page, etc.
–> Off Page Optimization
- Off-page SEO refers to the site’s authority on web that determines via your ranking and what other websites say about your website.
- It entirely depends on building back links for the main website in turn to improve keyword ranking in search result.
- Off-page SEO is about getting your site to the top of the list of search results, and usually takes time to improve.
- Off-page optimization is a long-term process and takes time to improve. Simply put, off page is all about your online reputation.
- It includes link building, increasing link popularity by submitting open directories, search engines, link exchange, etc.
- Off page optimization includes acquiring backlinks to your page from the authority sites in your niche.
- Backlinks is the currency of any off-page strategy. Unlike on-page optimization, off-page optimization efforts are not apparently visible on the webpage itself; it does the background work for a better search result.
- In off-page optimization we are supposed to create as many quality backlinks as possible using different techniques outside the website.